Staff at our Baxley RAM dealership get a lot of questions about how our vehicles compare to similar makes and models. For instance, many people wonder how the RAM 1500 stacks up against the Chevy Silverado, and today we’ve got answers!
RAM Truck or Chevy Truck?
There are plenty of differences between this RAM truck and its Chevy competition, but today we’re going to focus on three areas: comfort, safety and technology, and power.
- The 2021 RAM 1500 seats came first in a J.D. Power study of U.S. seat quality
- The RAM 1500 is the only full-size pickup in the market that uses coil springs for its rear suspension, and the result is a ride smoothness that is unparalleled
- The RAM truck uses premium, soft-touch materials in its interior, while the Chevy Silverado relies more on hard plastic.
Safety and Technology
- While both models have available Android AutoTM and Apple CarPlay®, the RAM 1500 has more touchscreen sizes available, including a particularly beloved 12-inch option.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) awarded the RAM 1500 a five-star safety rating, while the Chevy Silverado only earned four stars
- You can enjoy an available autonomous steering function on the RAM 1500, but not the Chevy Silverado, which helps with reversing with a trailer attached
- Depending on the powertrain, the 2021 RAM 1500 can boast as much as 720 horsepower and 650 lbs.-ft. of torque
- At its best, the Chevy Silverado only achieves 420 horsepower and 460 lbs.-ft. of torque
RAM 1500 in Baxley, GA
The RAM 1500 certainly has the advantage in these three key areas, and in plenty of other areas as well. To learn more, you can search “RAM dealer near me” to find the experts at Woody Folsom Chrysler Dodge Jeep® RAM or to set up a test drive of a RAM 1500.